Solway Novice.

shootingmike

You could also check out the Nith hotel in glencapel.

Stayed at the Nith Hotel last year, got invited by a pal to go inland shooting not my thing inland shooting but i really enjoyed the shooting, hotel is bang on for £35 a room and with a good breakfast, plus dog kennels if you need them.the hotel is near the shore so a good base to have a look round the Solway. Booked again this year just for a few days again doing the inland.

Stayed at the Nith Hotel last year, got invited by a pal to go inland shooting not my thing inland shooting but i really enjoyed the shooting, hotel is bang on for £35 a room and with a good breakfast, plus dog kennels if you need them.the hotel is near the shore so a good base to have a look round the Solway. Booked again this year just for a few days again doing the inland.

I have been there several times as it is cheap but good and real good location. Like you say it is handy they have the kennels as well as if out on the shore you need you dogs. The food is not bad as well.