Big larsen trap

Hi folks,

I have masses upon masses of crows and magpies on my farm and nomatter how much they are shot the numbers never seem to fall.

So......

I am considering making a big larsen trap, 10 foot square or something along the lines. I will put hooks ontop so that I can slide the forks of my jcb loading shovel to move it around.

I was thinking of using 2 inch box iron for the frame and steel meshfor the sides and maybe get it galvanised.

Anyone made such a thing and if so could you send pictures and a few details of the trap please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi folks,

I have masses upon masses of crows and magpies on my farm and nomatter how much they are shot the numbers never seem to fall.

So......

I am considering making a big larsen trap, 10 foot square or something along the lines. I will put hooks ontop so that I can slide the forks of my jcb loading shovel to move it around.

I was thinking of using 2 inch box iron for the frame and steel meshfor the sides and maybe get it galvanised.

Anyone made such a thing and if so could you send pictures and a few details of the trap please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a funnel trap made from building site panels for the sides and a mesh top and funnel. It's not being used at the moment and is a bit overgrown but I'll get some pictures of it for you when I get a chance.

Sorry about the picture quality as I'm useless with my mobile. Remember, these traps need to have food, water, somewhere to perch and somewhere to shelter (piece of ply or tin sheet. Mine has been removed at the moment) and must be checked at least once within a 24hr period. Be careful baiting with carrion as birds of prey will enter the trap.

CAM00099_zps9a4eaadc.jpg

CAM00100_zps21fdb11b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...