high n low

highland

being a relative beginner thought I had better listen to somebody for a change. I could not understand why I kept missing . so set up to find out why with a 8x6 board and a roll a paper I found I was shooting very low at least 2 thirds of shot bottomed out lifted 2 inches up there was the problem solved I could not believe it wish I had listened to the experts and thought I no it all. the gun I was using was so wrong I hopefully will solve it now.

Thanks for that, it does pay to check out a shotgun on a pattern plate. I often use a seed bag hanging on a hedge. (Check what's the other side of the hedge of course).

My Stoeger semi-auto tends to shoot low so I have to make sure I'm well up in front of the bird.

Yesterday I couldn't get the smile off my face having just bought a brand new Webley 912DG O/U ready for the new game season.

I couldn't resist taking it out to give it a go on some Pigeons on a local stubble permission before it got dark last night.

Oh dear!! first three shots missed!

Realised it shoots high so I adjusted for it and the next bird went down full-pattern.

Tomorrow I'll pop down the field with a sheet of paper.