AA S400 classic power upgrade Question...

wickedep

guys...

ok first of all.. i know we cannot discuss upgrading power on air rifles on the forum for obvious reasons and i tried searching the forum for the information i require..but didnt quite come accross anything..

i am from south east asia (colombo, sri lanka) and we have no regulation on air rifles. i currently own a FAC HW90, AA S200 and just recently purchsed a S400 classic from the UK. now since my s400 is from the UK it is limited to 12lbs power. i recently purchased an FAC s410 hammer spring upgrade from B.A.R and was told that this will bring the power up from 12lbs to 18lbs. however i have read reviews online that claim as high as 22lbs. so i'm a bit confused as to how much of an increase i should really be looking at....can anyone clarify this for me please??

also if anyone else out there knows what else i can do to tweak the power up further..could you be kind enough to PM me?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

i know power isnt everything..but here in sri lanka we have many medium size animals including a miniature variety of deer which my FAC HW90 can dispatch at decent distance..the s400 doesnt do much damage at 12lbs unless you are very very close :drinks:

sacha

ps: a mate of mine does have a chrony..but unfortunately another member of the air rifle club has accidently shot a pellet through the display..so i dont currently have a way of checking power :good::drinks:

sacha

To be honest mate you won't get any joy on upping power levels on this forum. I know you live abroad whee there is no limit on power but any information given out could be used by someone in this country that will use it illegaly and bring the sport into disrepute.

Try a reputable dealer such as Ben Taylor and ask his opinion.

He is an expert in fettling air guns.

hey guys..

i am not from the UK. yeah just check my IP..that would confirm it :blush:

snakebite..thanks for the info mate..really appreciate it. is there a number i could contact this Ben Taylor person?? a website maybe??

its saturday early morning in this part of the world and i am off to a friends place off a lake..so its a going to be a full day of fishing and shooting..will get some pictures and try to post it up for you guys to see :blush: errrmm...just need to figure out how to put up pics on this forum :blush:

cacciatore..i've tried google...i havnt really found anything..been looking through countless links! thanks though

sacha