Importing Gear From US

JONO

Dear all,

I'm treading on egg shells here with the views about listing products and so on but I need some advice.

I am wanting a goretex/aquatex hooded jacket/parka in "Advantage Timber" with handwarmers, security pocket(s) and possibly a zip in fleece for the "3-in-1" advantage.

There are a number of manufacturers but the UK prices are almost ludicrously high compared to those seen in the US - UK quality may also a little suspect in comparison to the US in some cases.

Firstly would anyone be prepared to PM me with any recommendations of makes, models?

Secondly, would anyone be able to pass on any info regarding import duty on items purchased from the states around the £90-£150 mark?

Thanks in advance

Jono

I have just got a calalogue from Cabelas.com

Everything looks very cheap but they add on about 20% to send it over here and we have to pay any duty payable at this end. Best bet would be to find somebody who is coming over and get them to wear it through customs.

A Dollar seems to buy, in America, about the same as a pound buys here, but I think you get about 1.72 Dollars for a pound, at the moment.