Smoked Sloe Gin

bill425g6

Never heard of this before but am imagining maybe an oily residue on the liquid........ Prob wrong , would be interesting

There will be residue of some sort and smoking tends to dry the product. I leave mine for 10mths to a year before filtering and a further two years before drinking. I double filter them through fine coffee filters and this should get rid of most residues.Also will add some pure juice from pressed ripe berry's to make up for the dry smoked ones. I cant find any recipes and I honestly don't know if this will work but I think Ill try it this year.If its any good when I'm filtering it in a years time Ill send you some.

There will be residue of some sort and smoking tends to dry the product. I leave mine for 10mths to a year before filtering and a further two years before drinking. I double filter them through fine coffee filters and this should get rid of most residues.Also will add some pure juice from pressed ripe berry's to make up for the dry smoked ones. I cant find any recipes and I honestly don't know if this will work but I think Ill try it this year.If its any good when I'm filtering it in a years time Ill send you some.

top guy...... good luck mate

Ive been making Sloe Gin and all the other fruit for over 40yrs now. Heres what I'm thinking- Cold smoke the Sloes for 12hrs in oak and then make my Sloe gin the usual way. The question is has anybody experience of making Smoked Sloe gin or any other fruit?

No, but I really, really want to try that gin.

• 2 weeks later...