Wildfowling on Anglesey...a bit of help needed

Passionforangling

Number one daughter got married earlier in the year to an RAF pilot so I'm one proud dad... Not just because son in law is a pilot but because she is an absolute treasure. Anyway, today they have moved to the RAF base on Anglesey...where Kate and Wills were!

Wife and I are going for our first visit to see them on Saturday 7th December, staying over until Sunday. You might guess what's coming......

We will get up there Sat morning and although I love her and husband dearly....I can't help thinking how good it would be to maybe go out Sat afternoon/ evening for a spot of fowling!

So...does anyone on here have any contacts I could maybe get in touch with with a view to possibly sorting out a flight on that Saturday....or possibly there's someone who is going out and can take a visitor?

I'm happy to travel anywhere on the island so if you know anyone who can help out or who I can get in touch with, I'd be grateful for a pm

Thanks all

Passion for Angling

Edited by Passionforangling

If anybody can help Dave please do, he is a pleasure to have out with you on the marsh. Come on PW fowlers :good:

Number one daughter got married earlier in the year to an RAF pilot so I'm one proud dad... Not just because son in law is a pilot but because she is an absolute treasure. Anyway, today they have moved to the RAF base on Anglesey...where Kate and Wills were!

Wife and I are going for our first visit to see them on Saturday 7th December, staying over until Sunday. You might guess what's coming......

We will get up there Sat morning and although I love her and husband dearly....I can't help thinking how good it would be to maybe go out Sat afternoon/ evening for a spot of fowling!

So...does anyone on here have any contacts I could maybe get in touch with with a view to possibly sorting out a flight on that Saturday....or possibly there's someone who is going out and can take a visitor?

I'm happy to travel anywhere on the island so if you know anyone who can help out or who I can get in touch with, I'd be grateful for a pm

Thanks all

Passion for Angling

Dear Ben...you far to kind to Dave...lol, I think Dave, next time we go out, whould pay breakfast.

Been having a PM conversation with Terry.....looks like we might have something sorted for the Saturday evening. Right, Tony51.... Seems a good bloke.....but to be honest, in the short time I've been getting into this sport, everyone I've met has been great.....even you Highbird 70!,

just keep a close eye on terry and take a spare towel and a pair ov keks for him,he has a habit ov falling in if its tideflighting ya doing fella!....sorry terry couldn't resist bud! :lol::lol::good: have a good session lads. :ninja:

just wanted to let everyone know what happened.......

Met up with Terry around 1.00pm and after a short drive we arrived at the first farm. A short walk over the field saw us arrive at a rock outcrop about 3m high and maybe 50m long. Terry suggested we walk either side of the outcrop in the hope that if his dog flushed anything out of the bracken, then one of us at least should get a shot. He also said that at the end of the outcrop there was a small flight pond that might have the odd duck on it.

Well no woodcock or anything showed but when we approached the pond we were suddenly surprised to see about half a dozen mallard and the same number of teal make their escape from the pond. Terry said he'd never seen so many ducks on this tiny little pond.....honestly it was tiny!

Walking around another hedgerow later on I was lucky enough to shoot my first ever woodcock, a bird that his dog flushed out of the hedge behind me....chuffed with that.

We went for a walk around a couple of other farms and at one, as we approached over a hill towards the estuary were greeted with a wonderful sight of large numbers of duck sitting out on the water. Terry got a shot at a teal and a rabbit but nothing for me.

So, not a lot shot but a very enjoyable walk around some beautiful Anglesey countryside with a real nice bloke....he had shot a few ducks earlier that morning and sent me back home with a brace of widgeon which was a nice gesture. Hopefully I'll go back some time........

Thanks Terry.....really enjoyed the afternoon (but, I have to say, the steak at the White Eagle was not great!)

Edited by Passionforangling

• 4 weeks later...