Reloading .243 for fox

Spook

Hi!

I have reloaded for .223 in the past and still reload for my .357 but I'm going to start reloading for my .243. I've got Varget power and primed cases all ready to go but I'm wondering if anyone out there has a selection of .243/6mm bullets they could sell me, say 10 of each just so I can make some up and see what goups best in my rifle rather than me going out and buying boxes of 100 if it doesn't suit my barrel. I'm in Cornwall so local would be best and I'm thinking lighter would be better for my old BSA CF2 as I'm after Fox and have no intention of shooting deer.

Thanks in advance

Spook

Hi!

I have reloaded for .223 in the past and still reload for my .357 but I'm going to start reloading for my .243. I've got Varget power and primed cases all ready to go but I'm wondering if anyone out there has a selection of .243/6mm bullets they could sell me, say 10 of each just so I can make some up and see what goups best in my rifle rather than me going out and buying boxes of 100 if it doesn't suit my barrel. I'm in Cornwall so local would be best and I'm thinking lighter would be better for my old BSA CF2 as I'm after Fox and have no intention of shooting deer.

Thanks in advance

Spook

Firstly consider selling the varget, although a great powder its in very short supply world wide as such I shouldn't develop a new load with it (most likely you will get two tubs for the one you sell). Just get some 70 grn Nosler b/tip, if it don't shootor if you cannot find them try a 75 or 87 grn v-max. All .243 std factory twist should shoot these, some don't like 55 / 58 grn stuff and some don't like the heavy end (which are pointless if your not after deer). You cant post expanding which puts a big limiter on someone being local.

Good point, if it's not available theres no point developing a sweet load for it. 70 grn Ballistic tip sounds like a good starting point to me. I did realise you can't post them hence I put some one local, but I think a trip to Helston gunsmiths is in order..but it always gets expensive when I get in there B)

70grn Speer TNT with 45grns of H414.

Absolutely devastating.

G.M.

That sounds like my old load!

One could always send off for match bullets, hollowpoint target bullets....they can be posted and will do an splendid job just the same!

H4350 was a favourite of mine and would go straight back to it I had a need!

U.