Looking for a start in the North-East

paddykoi

I think this post may be a little different from the others on this part of the forum as I’m not looking for land to shoot on (well I am, but first) what I would really like is to go along with someone when they go pigeon shooting.

Whilst I do have a certificate and shotgun I’m not expecting to shoot myself , and I guess what I’m really looking for is someone to take me under their wing (sorry about the pun) and help me get started by watching how they go about setting up etc.

I have some experience of shooting, having beaten for a local shoot this year and really want to learn more about pigeon. I have a car and would be more than happy to pick people up and drive them to the shoot, whilst it may not be a 4x4 there is loads of room for gear etc.

I’m based in the Newcastle area and would be happy to travel to Northumberland, Durham or anywhere within say about 40 miles of the “Toonâ€. Whilst I work full time Monday to Friday I can get days off through the week, if I have a bit of notice.

I realise this request may seem a little cheeky and the thought of spending a day in a hide with a complete stranger may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I have been told I’m a good laugh and am really keen to learn.

If you think you can help me please PM me and we can perhaps set up a meet.

Cheers

Paddy

not a lot of pigeon around at the minute,im just bunny bashing with gun and ferrets.

im keeping an eye out for when they start again,i have a farm with beans going in at the back end of feb,if you have nothing sorted by then let me know and i will see if i can swing it for an extra gun for a few days shooting.

i know its hard to get that first farm etc but when you do (and you will if you try hard) you will find that more follows.

Thanks for that mate I'll PM you my number etc as you say getting the first one seems to be a bit of a nightmare. I have been invited out by one of the lads I beat for to have a crack at the crows on his land tommorow and I can't wait!

sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks for the speedy reply chaps I have updated me profile but I'm not too sure what kind of information people might want.

I live the in the Newbiggin Hall Estate area of Newcastle.

OMG!

Newbiggin Hall :lol:

Oh well someone has to live there :yp:

I live VERY close but for obvious reasons won't divulge JUST where. Your going to find it quite hard to find land to shoot i spent YEARS knocking on farms in Ponteland near the Airport in Cramlington area up past ponteland over toward hexham etc and only managed to get 2 one was because of a Shotgun sale :look:

The other was calling on spec and i promptly lost his number when my PDA crashed so i need to go back and have a word again.

Have you been to Steve Smiths yet in Dinnington? If not perhaps a call in and get to know the local lads there may help in your quest?

LG

OMG!

Newbiggin Hall :angry:

Oh well someone has to live there ???

now, now we won't have any of that!! :angry:

I've been up to Steve Smiths a bit since getting my cert and gun and I'm planning to come up on Sunday at some point as I have a beaters day coming up and a few of the lads want to get their eye's in.

What I am finding is that most of places I’ve tried already have someone taking care of their pest control and whilst I have a few options left (one in particular I think will be very interesting if it comes off) I’m starting to get a little disheartened.

If you ever need any company on your land please don't hesitate to let me know :angry: (a little cheeky I know but you cant blame me for trying!)

OMG!

Newbiggin Hall :angry:

Oh well someone has to live there ???

now, now we won't have any of that!! :angry:

I've been up to Steve Smiths a bit since getting my cert and gun and I'm planning to come up on Sunday at some point as I have a beaters day coming up and a few of the lads want to get their eye's in.

What I am finding is that most of places I’ve tried already have someone taking care of their pest control and whilst I have a few options left (one in particular I think will be very interesting if it comes off) I’m starting to get a little disheartened.

If you ever need any company on your land please don't hesitate to let me know :angry: (a little cheeky I know but you cant blame me for trying!)

Tell me about it !

As i say i have 2 recent contacts one with a guy who i don't like to impose on he was kind enough to let me on with Air Rifles and thats enough for me.

Second was a Farm and as i say i lost the number. Will get my *** back over once the Car is fixed and get it again if he is still ok with me shooting there?

LG