possible the holy grail of 17hmr moderator's ?

jeffo223

Dekers, thats what mine was the sm1116. Edgar said they would replace it no problem but at first they didn't believe me or my rfd that it had melted the first few stainless baffles, I said I will take my cash back instead of a replacement, you can't polish a **** but you can roll it in glitter to make it look good!

Paul

Cal, what I mean is that all the aluminium moderator's I have used have rotted/ worn away due to the blast of the 17hmr. My old moderator the wildcat whisper had a stainless steel blast piece first surrounded by a aluminium dish, I aluminium dish has started to corroded on that as well but the stainless is perfect, that's why I would be weary of the hardy aluminium moderator's. I use my 17hmr alot so the moderator's do take some stick but are cleaned and looked after but as I have said I just want to pay for something once and once only.

Hardy make centre-fire moderators out of the same aluminium, they are rated to do around 7000 - 8000 rounds depending on calibre. Dan Hardy the chap that makes them in NZ tests a few out of each batch on his "test platform" which happens to be a 14" barrel 300 Win Mag using 1/4 overloads!!! so quite abit more heat and blast that a tiddly .17 hmr! lol After they have been used on the rifle for 1000 rounds each they are measure end to end to check for stretching (the T8's favourite trick) and the sliced in half to be inspected internally!

callum

Callum, would like to see the hardy moderator in action but also see the insides after a couple of thousand rounds.

Paul

i have put roughly 1000 rounds through mine, when i get around the 2000 2500 through it which will be in a few weeks, ill post a picture up and a review?

cheers

callum