DOCTER OPTIC 8x56 #4 Ret. Ideal for deer stalking/fox lamping

IanF

Folks,

An opportunity to get your hands on a very desirable scope that will prove fantastic for either deer stalking or fox lamping. It came to me as part of a rifle package I bought & is now surplus to my requirements.

The clarity of the glass is stunning, and these scopes are recognised as offering the same quality as Swaro or Schmidt offerings. Have a search for information on these, and you will find they are E. German production from the original Zeiss/Jena factory - I think you will be impressed by the comments online.

This unit is in perfect working order with no marking on the lenses and operates exactly as the day it left Docter Optics in Germany. After-sales service is excellent and these units have a thirty year warranty from the factory, should you ever have need for servicing.

Cosmetically, it has been used & I have tried to show the marks in the photographs attached. As you can see, there is visible damage where a Gorilla has mounted scope rings (not me) but in NO WAY does this affect the operation of this unit & is concealed when rings are in place.

The reticle (German #4) is very fast and easily centred in low-light and under a lamp. Note the photo shows the spacing of the thick wires and its useability as a very quick range-finder - 100m and a Roe fills the whole gap, 200m and it fits between the vertical and the thick wire etc. Simple and fast - the way to successfully get venison on the ground!

As this is not in perfect condition, I am asking £320 for this scope, which is a standard one inch tube.

Payment by bank transfer/cash please - normal sales etiquette applies, this is advertised elsewhere and maybe withdrawn if sold.

Thanks for looking.

Rgds

Mod :)

post-520-0-52654200-1387466099_thumb.jpg

post-520-0-61996100-1387466114_thumb.jpg

post-520-0-56584200-1387466149_thumb.jpg

post-520-0-80830900-1387466166_thumb.jpg

post-520-0-10004500-1387466181_thumb.jpg

I've got a 6x42 version on my .22lr and it's bomb proof. I've never knocked it hard enough to shift the zero and in low light it's fantastic. If I had £320 spare I'd jump on it - the quality is easily as good as my 8x56 Schmidt & Bender. They just sell for less because they're not as well known.

Ian, if nobody takes this now I could well be interested at a later date. I just bought a Unimog and the wife has me on a spending ban for the moment! :oops: