Day on the rape

Stoobygixer

One of them typical days.... Started off quite good an managed to bag 40 by mid morning then a not a bird in site for 2 hours. So thought its time for home.......

Popped into the farm on the way home an the amount of pigeons on there was unreal, hundreds of the *******, no wonder I had gone quite, so pulled me flapper out an managed to bag another 16, so well chuffed with today's total :-)

Hahaha with the missis at work I didn't need a second invite :-D, I've been lookin at your decoy covers.. How long is delivery on them ?

Can't knock ya pal, decoy covers are available now on same day dispatch so only take a couple of days to get them to you :0)

Cheers

Cheers

Totally agree with lg1 I'd love a day in the hide, mind you I was out and about today around the guisbrough area and seen lots of woodies in flight and a few on the fields so might have a look out over the weekend

I was told craythorn area was holding four figure amounts mate, think that's getting towards your way... Apparently on game cover

Lg1 Crathorne is miles away from Guisborough John (mag357 ) lives in Crathorne and we shoot for a farmer there and the only thing he is reporting to us is the amount of crows about...

Had a ride round today not one pigeon in sight either on the fields or in the air.. :blush::blush:

I

Lg1 Crathorne is miles away from Guisborough John (mag357 ) lives in Crathorne and we shoot for a farmer there and the only thing he is reporting to us is the amount of crows about...

Had a ride round today not one pigeon in sight either on the fields or in the air.. :blush::blush:

I thought Gorin was stokesley area ? the birds around Craythorn i was told was on a pheasant shoot up there, apparently when they beat the woods the place gets blue over... not seen this for my self but a few beaters told a friend of mine...

I

I thought Gorin was stokesley area ? the birds around Craythorn i was told was on a pheasant shoot up there, apparently when they beat the woods the place gets blue over... not seen this for my self but a few beaters told a friend of mine...

I am going out Monday crathorne hutton rudby seamer way for a look around, been so little about and weather has been pants so its not been worth bothering on the days I have had off, but it is finally getting cooler so, you never know, been a poor time lately even the bean stubble never really "happened" this year .

KW

The only pheasant shoot that i know of is Lord Crathornes and i will be shooting with the game keeper at the clay ground tommorrow.. mind you he is such a miserable sod he does not allow anyone on Crathorne estate so will ask him if i get the chance...

Don't know where Gorin is its only about 6 to7 miles to Stokesley from John's place inn Crathorne...

I hope there are the birds about could do with a day in the hide feels like months since i was out on the pigeons freezer's are empty...

Will be popping round for some of your Decoy covers in a few weeks will let you know when OK..

The only pheasant shoot that i know of is Lord Crathornes and i will be shooting with the game keeper at the clay ground tommorrow.. mind you he is such a miserable sod he does not allow anyone on Crathorne estate so will ask him if i get the chance...

Don't know where Gorin is its only about 6 to7 miles to Stokesley from John's place inn Crathorne...

I hope there are the birds about could do with a day in the hide feels like months since i was out on the pigeons freezer's are empty...

Will be popping round for some of your Decoy covers in a few weeks will let you know when OK..

No worries mate, iv just called the lad there and he said a farmer told him they was thousands on the game crops? He told him they wont let anyone get at them while the shoots on but maybe its the shoot your talking about. i dont know that particular shoot but its worth you and kbud keeping your eyes open, you know as well as me that our area is desperate for birds... im out most days looking but only seeing a few random groups,,,, id give an arm to be sat in a hide myself lol... worst/most boring Christmas brake ever! best of luck

I live just near stokesley and I had a ride round today and seen a few birds in flight but all going into the woods. I set up a few decoys on the farm on some rape and managed to get a couple but it was only the odd bird coming to have a look. When I packed up I noticed at the bottom of the field there was about 100 birds feeding on the rape, hopefully they are starting to group up.

One thing I did notice whilst driving round all the fields was that any rape that was well a stablished to about 6 inch high didnt have a bird on it. But the one field that was struggling was the one with the birds on.

I was nearly wiped out by a bird as well, I set a hide up under some conifers and the back of one of the grain sheds and whilst sat there I noticed a load of grain had spilt through a gap in the wall and it was covered in bird ****. Then next thing a woodie came down the tree line and turned straight into the hide, I actually fell of my stool when I jumped lol and I missed the ****** when it flew back out

Lg1 I was talking to the gamekeepers brother today at the clay ground and mentioned about the pigeons and he said there were hundreds hitting some ground cover that had been cut but they are in a valley and you cannot see it from the road...

That was on Lord Crathornes estate and even when the shooting season is finished the game keeper will not let anyone on to shoot… He is the original miserable *** 2 years ago the estate manager at one of the estate meetings he was told by the manager to get in touch with Mag 357 ( John ) to sort the rabbits and pigeons out on some of the farms John is still waiting...

Lg1 I was talking to the gamekeepers brother today at the clay ground and mentioned about the pigeons and he said there were hundreds hitting some ground cover that had been cut but they are in a valley and you cannot see it from the road...

That was on Lord Crathornes estate and even when the shooting season is finished the game keeper will not let anyone on to shoot He is the original miserable *** 2 years ago the estate manager at one of the estate meetings he was told by the manager to get in touch with Mag 357 ( John ) to sort the rabbits and pigeons out on some of the farms John is still waiting...

The way it goes sometimes I guess... Still, at least it was a correct statement that there was some numbers in that area! All be it not thousands but again still nice to see...