Franchi 520 Hunter jamming

RossM

Got an old Franchi 520 Hunter which every now and again jams. Been using it on clays with 28grm carts. I've given it a good clean but it still starts to jam again after a few rounds have been through it. I think I've read somewhere that something inside can be switched round so it can cycle lighter cartridges, Does anyone know if this is true and if so how do I do it. I really like using the gun so would like to get it working properly.

Took it out today on clays following a good clean up. First pair it cycled nicely. She jammed mid way through the second pair! I've had a look at the piston sleeve and can't see it fitting back if I turned it round. Think the carts were 67mm which could be part of the problem. I'll give it another strip down and get some 70mms.

Yes sorry I did get confused and was thinking of the 720 (I had one of them).

Alot of autos can just simply get gummed up!

Powder gasses and particles can mix with any oils added to the bolt and receiver to form a sticky goo that come winter slows the bolt right down. Can you check that any of the grooves in the receiver are free of gunk?

U.