NPPC

garyb7

Anyone from the Manchester area in the NPPC, I,m thinking of joining, is it practical to travel to their fields, it sounds a great idea, just would like to get some advise from someone in it, also if anyone from my area in the NPPC would consider me if I join to shoot together, could share driving/ petrol expenses, cheers Gary

A good concept if you live close to fields available,so you can see what's going on.i have seen a field shot twice in the last two weeks which is one of theirs!now I pass this field 4 times a day mon- fri and twice sat-sun and in 6 years I have never seen a pigeon on it.yes it currently has osr growing in it but you ain't going to get any shooting.2years ago I gave some advice to lads travelling 50 plus miles to shoot some osr in yorks,which was yes there are pigeons in the area but the farm where their permission was is shot by every man and his dog.the farm concerned will let anyone shoot their land and does it get shot,not what you want to hear if you've just driven 50 miles.That said you hear good reports from some of their members

Been in nppc the last 5 years its a DIY carry on enough fields all over place for every man and is dog lol, yes some places will be shot by other people its swings and round a bouts some never get visited enough . if you put the ground work in you will get the results for about 2 quid a week.

hi gary just renewed for 3rd year,its a good concept and js who runs it does his best for members,2 of us did a reccy 2 weeks ago,2 members set up on one field the others we checked had no one there and 3 of them had pigeons on, like h i a says above its swings and roundabouts but i travel a minimum of 80 miles each way and am ok with it.wish the m62 wasn,t so busy tho.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I have just made payment, and am sending off the other paperwork to join NPPC.Have spoken to JS and he seems like a very sound guy. I have read all the threads on here (some historic) and have seen they get pretty contested so slightly daunted about starting my own on the subject. I am partially based in Telford, about an hour from Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. I was wondering if you think it's worth posting up looking for a fellow NPPC member in the area that might like to do some shooting together? The map system is slightly daunting as the last time I read an OS map was a while ago!

If you guys are in the same part of the world and are up for it, perhaps we could find some fields in between or something.

P.S profile says surrey as I work and live here, but split my time with the Midlands.