who sells 12gauge black powder cartridges in cheshire /merseyside area

Guest cookoff013

make some, with black powder substitute is nitro so doesnt need special storage.

BP shells are about £1 a shot.

with minimal startup, you could press out shells for not much outlay.

Guest cookoff013

also, depending on use, buy 2lbs of powder if you can,

once you get a taste for it, it gets more enjoyable. what you`ll need is a BP measure that can volumetric mesure drams. i think 3 or 2.5 is standard, topped with 1,1/8oz of shot, thats been a standard load. for ages. you can buy a shot dipper, or you can weigh or mesure the shot.

this may also be very economical, due to the price of shells, availability, and or shipping.

usually the BP hells are slow, so up the shotsize if shooting at distance game, same cost so there should be no reason to start loading #9 and shooting stuff.

you`d get better sporting performance, as mos manufacturers just load 6s.

also what chamber size? 70mm or 65?

The substitutes are not nitro. No licence is needed for them because they are are slightly harder to ignite than BP.

There is one or two smokless equivelents for rifles but they dont seem very popular over here.

Loading for pyrodex or trip777 is available on Hodgdens web sight.

If you use pyrodex use lots of hot water to clean the barrels and numerous wet patches. The salts produced in burnt pyro are worse than BP.

An empty case trimmed to hold a measure of shot can also be used to measure the same volume of powder....always a standard.

There wont be much room for a wad so a single fibre wad may do three shells. A thin card on the powder and a blob or two of vasaline under the wadding helps with the cleaning!

These were my last pyro loads.

pLisle003_zps81ca73c8.jpg

U.

also, depending on use, buy 2lbs of powder if you can,

once you get a taste for it, it gets more enjoyable. what you`ll need is a BP measure that can volumetric mesure drams. i think 3 or 2.5 is standard, topped with 1,1/8oz of shot, thats been a standard load. for ages. you can buy a shot dipper, or you can weigh or mesure the shot.

this may also be very economical, due to the price of shells, availability, and or shipping.

usually the BP hells are slow, so up the shotsize if shooting at distance game, same cost so there should be no reason to start loading #9 and shooting stuff.

you`d get better sporting performance, as mos manufacturers just load 6s.

also what chamber size? 70mm or 65?

65mm chambers

The substitutes are not nitro. No licence is needed for them because they are are slightly harder to ignite than BP.

There is one or two smokless equivelents for rifles but they dont seem very popular over here.

Loading for pyrodex or trip777 is available on Hodgdens web sight.

If you use pyrodex use lots of hot water to clean the barrels and numerous wet patches. The salts produced in burnt pyro are worse than BP.

An empty case trimmed to hold a measure of shot can also be used to measure the same volume of powder....always a standard.

There wont be much room for a wad so a single fibre wad may do three shells. A thin card on the powder and a blob or two of vasaline under the wadding helps with the cleaning!

These were my last pyro loads.

pLisle003_zps81ca73c8.jpg

U.

I see your using full brass, thats what i'm thinking of getting, how many reloads can you get out of one of those? and where did you get them from,

So just to confirm i can get primers on my SGC and all the wads and cards are easily available to get as well as powder and shot so all in all i should be in business without the need for a explosive cert.

Thanks for all your information chaps i will let you all know how i'm getting on, and do a report on my first loads .CHEERS.

A friend got me these case a while back, I have seen them advertised but just can't think where.....

They last ages but you would need to get 11g wads and OS cards if you want to just buy components. I made a punch around .750" and put the large cards under and over a 12g fibre wad, the wad under load squashes out on firing.

I asked my wife to get me some clear nail varnish...works perfectly to hold the overshot card in place.

You can put them in the dishwasher to clean, it won't get rid of the tarnish but does clean them.

As long as you have a license you can not really be refused primers.

U.