Pigeon shooting Monday 03/02/14

caeser

I'm looking for someone to accompany me for some pigeon shooting. Maybe decoying, probably some roost shooting.

I do have a fair bit of land to go at, and there is a few around.

The shooting is free, but I do ask that you split the diesel costs with me. It's about 1hour 30mins from my house in Bury. Meet me in Bury, then I'll drive you there. My 4x4 can be a bit thirsty so it'll be £25 for fuel.

Normal rules apply, must have insurance. Responsible people only.

Novices welcome.

This is a one off opportunity,only.

I have taken a few lads from here in the past.

How was it? Have a you write up for us?

Not a lot to write about Chris. Plenty of pigeons, but we couldn't get near them.

We drove around and found a flock of several hundred birds, but they wanted to feed right next to a road. So we couldn't put our set up where I wanted it to be. We set up as near as we could, but they weren't interested. There was, like I said, several hundred. We had 1 bird come towards the decoys, which I shot, but even that didn't commit to the decoys. Soooo frustrating.

So about 1.30pm we packed up and drove to a wood for some roost shooting. That was a bit slow to start with, and it was hard to decide where to stand for the best. Plenty of birds coming in, but always seemed to be100 yards or more away or more. We shot a few more birds but only managed to pick up another 5.

Having said that, I did enjoy it, but I always do.

Weather was dry, but very cold with ridiculous winds. Once we were in the big wood, we were fairly sheltered though.

Elliot is good company so I hope he enjoyed it, even though it was frustrating at times, seeing that many birds.`