Remington 870 vs Mossberg 500

inderraj

post-54326-0-51897900-1395180143_thumb.jpg

I have a Mossberg Ulti Mag 835 3 1/2 chamber - 5 Shot Pump Action in camo similar to the 500, its been a good tool but they are as I believe all mossbergs are built to be rugged, they do lack some finesse compared to other makes but they are tough as old boots, the trigger is a bit heavy but breaks nice and crisply, the safety is well placed, the action is an absolute dog if I use anything less than 3" cartridges but I love it.

I've modded it a little with a comb riser for £6 holding it in place with some matching camo tape and a hawke red dot scope mounted on a picatinny rail about £46 for both, now I can shoot both eyes open and the comb puts my eye dead to rights every time, it transformed the gun for me!

The downside to a pump action is not the speed of that second shot as some over and under or semi auto die hards will argue, believe me I can double tap two shots as quick as an o/u if not quicker, the bad issue is the visible safety of the gun, at a glance another shooter can see if an over / under is safe pumps and semi's rely so heavily on you / me the shooter not making a mistake, I always use a chamber safe marker, only takes a second to palm it out and chamber a cartridge

Edited by sepulchre

Hey guys,

In the end I opted for the Mossberg 600. I went to the shop to have a look at a few pump action shotguns, they had the Remington and this 600 in stock, and it felt good when I held it, and also after going through thousands of videos and internet pages, it just seems to me that the Mossberg is more rugged and reliable, a real workhorse. This is the beginning of a project for me hopefully, there's a lot I want to do to this gun. We will see how it goes. Thank you all for your advice.

Inderraj

post-69047-0-91424900-1395570095_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

In the end I opted for the Mossberg 600. I went to the shop to have a look at a few pump action shotguns, they had the Remington and this 600 in stock, and it felt good when I held it, and also after going through thousands of videos and internet pages, it just seems to me that the Mossberg is more rugged and reliable, a real workhorse. This is the beginning of a project for me hopefully, there's a lot I want to do to this gun. We will see how it goes. Thank you all for your advice.

Inderraj

attachicon.gif1146481_10151959060526402_1195589840_n.jpg

Very nice gun, section 1 or 2 ?

Celect 'a' choke barrel same as I had on my 500 ATP now on my 500 pistol grip I use for PSG, congratulations nice find & welcome to the Pump Club.