Sub sonic catridges + Hushpower 12g.

I have ordered a s/h 12g hushpower.Being a new shooter I have practised with my AYA on clays until I got reasonable scores so I would do ok in the field.

I read that I need to adjust my aim due to the moderator but does using subsonics make you have to give more lead to a bird?It seems I will lose about 300fps in muzzle velocity. Cheers.

yes it does make you give slightly more lead but not much, and in reply to your comment should do ok in the field, field shooting is a completely diffrent matter and you do not know were the bird will fly next, you do not have the luxury of pick up points and the lark field shooting, and I would say dont go for a hushpower unless you need it for low noise, a decent 12 bore O/U is better in my books any day.

Cheers Steve,I agree there is a massive difference as i am finding all the time.I am tending not to take shots that more experienced guns would just yet,in time i hope to.The clay shooting shows me my limits i suppose.I dont expect the moderated gun will be as good as my yeoman(1st shotgun) but i am trying not to upset horseriders .I hope to get permission on another property which is much bigger and can use my o/u.

I shoot on a couple of large pastures with livestock so am shooting overflying birds as there is no crop for them to land.I might only use a handful of catridges per visit with couple birds in the bag.Problem is there is a bridleway about 4/500 yards away with horseriders especially at weekend.There was some shouting the other week i think aimed my way but no complaint yet.

I shoot on a couple of large pastures with livestock so am shooting overflying birds as there is no crop for them to land.I might only use a handful of catridges per visit with couple birds in the bag.Problem is there is a bridleway about 4/500 yards away with horseriders especially at weekend.There was some shouting the other week i think aimed my way but no complaint yet.

Hate the bloody things. :huh:

:blush: Made big mistake;I cant get the 12b Hushpower in my cabinet which is for broken down guns.Had underestimated the length(said the actress to...).So much for my latest bright idea.BUT...I have been told different info,will using subsonic ammo in my usual gun get less carrying of noise ?Ta

will using subsonic ammo in my usual gun get less carrying of noise ?Ta

No - it won't make any difference in my opinion. I've got a `Hushpower' 12g - useful piece of kit. If I fire non-subsonic cartidges they are quieter than in another, unmoderated gun, but it does not work the other way around (sub-sonic cartridges in an umoderated gun).

Yes they are pretty long aren't they!

B