Weihrauch HW80 Silencers

byhsu

• 2 weeks later...

I have fitted two different types to a hw80 both good.

first is a Webly silencer that fits with an olive type ring and locks with the bottom of

the silencer and the top by scewing them together, the olive locks them off (like a garden hose.

The other is more simple put it over the barrel and tighten the allen bolt.

hope this helps. BIG BILL :beer:

hi mate -- i,ve got a venom long series silencer on mine and it works great and looks great too , also the evolution silencer is a very good choice.

but on saying this a lot of the noise you hear is coming from the action of the hw80, during the firing cycle not just the muzzle .

Darren .

Sorry didn't tell you the other silencer is a logun and is brill" the quietest yet but pricey £40 and that s all over the country, you can't seem to get them any cheaper,the webley about £20 is good value and has never let me downand I think looks smarter.

:beer: BIG BILL

• 10 months later...
Sorry didn't tell you the other silencer is a logun and is brill" the quietest yet but pricey £40 and that s all over the country, you can't seem to get them any cheaper,the webley about £20 is good value and has never let me downand I think looks smarter.

:lol:       BIG BILL

Hi Big Bill, the Logun silencer fitted to your HW80, you said in your earlier post that it is fixed to the barrel with an allen screw... Is there an adaptor or does the silencer itself have a grub screw to fasten it to the barrel (As in the Air Airms S410 silencers)? Also, I assume your '80 is a .22, did you have the barrel length reduced?

I have just bought a brand new HW80K (.20 calibre) and I have a (threaded) Logun Silencer. I'm not sure If I should have the barrel threaded for the silencer, or have an adaptor (with an allen screw) made to fit the silencer without threading the barrel. Also, I'm thinking of a Venom Maglaza tune and reducing the barrel to 13".

Any ideas??

Thanks

Zulu