Fabarm STL high rib sporter

retromlc

Hi,I thought i'd give my views on this gun,as I bought one about amonth ago.

After longing for a Perrazzi for years and finally getting one,then having it altered to fit me i thought I'd finally have a gun I could not go wrong with,but my scores plummeted for 5 months and I had had enough.Being a game gun maybe it was too flighty?

I decided to sell and get another gun but after thinking carfully about what I thought my problems were,which was mainly losing the clay from my sight,which seems to be the problem I've experienced with every gun,so after having an eye test,still not needing glasses I decided I needed to change tack and try something different.

I had read about high rib sporters and had seen a STL about 2 years ago and liked the idea so went to Chris Potters gun and borrowed a used STL.

i shot 250 clays with it alongside my Perrazzi,4 clays with the STL then 4 with the Perazzi(always P-gun second to give me a better chance with it :) ) and was impressed with the head up position and it seemed that I could see the clay the whole time.and even when firing random clays I was hitting more with the STL.

So I bought it.

It's a 30" version and the balance feels just right,it's got a heavy-ish feel to it but that steadies the swing and reduces recoil.

Target kills seem easier,you can difinately see the clay and there is little head movement when mounting due to the Monty Carlo comb.The slight palm swell fills my hand, which are quite big and trigger pulls are not as smooth as a Perazzi,but as good as any other gun I've shot.

The finish is pleasing to the eye, I like the engraving and the type of finish to the action.

Since I have had it I've shot it about 6 times,2 times at 3 different grounds and I have beaten my best score with any other gun I have ever shot on each occasion.

So I'm a happy bunny,I know i can hit things more consistantly now and more importantly I can usually tell why i missed, whereas before I never really knew what was going on.

Edited by retromlc

I was without my sporter P gun for the whole of last month so I used my high rib trap gun instead for sporting use after a while I got use to it even though it was tighter on the restriction and the sight picture was slightly different .

I think you would get use to a particular gun after sometime of using it :)