damaged metal work

scoobie007

Ive been giving my ultra the once over today, and I noticed something I didnt when I purchased it.

looks like at some point the mag has got jammed, and a previous owner attacked it with a screw driver to remove it, and has damaged the surrounding metal work. It doesn't affect the action at all, but now I know its there, its annoying :-/

Can I simply file this down and tidy it up?, or use a dremmel type tool?

20140507_175754.jpg

20140507_175835.jpg

This part can be removed and replaced? If not it will need welding and dressing then re-coating a more expensive and time consuming task. Just re-dressing could be done depending on tolerances required on mag feed / fit etc. but it wont be easy to blend in and re-coat

The second pic is of the magazine stop plate and you can get a replacement, but they're £15 + P&P John Knibbs has them. Here's the link

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/product/4521/BSA-Magazine-Stop-Plate-Part-No.-16-6630/

The top one might be more complicated. Does the magazine seat true in the breach? If so, I'd be reluctant to start playing around too much. The last thing you want to do is have a play, then find the magazine is loose, as that will cause jams.

The second pic is of the magazine stop plate and you can get a replacement, but they're £15 + P&P John Knibbs has them. Here's the link

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/product/4521/BSA-Magazine-Stop-Plate-Part-No.-16-6630/

The top one might be more complicated. Does the magazine seat true in the breach? If so, I'd be reluctant to start playing around too much. The last thing you want to do is have a play, then find the magazine is loose, as that will cause jams.

Thank you :-)

Mag sits fine, just looks unsightly, looking to get it 'tenched' will commission the repairs......

Edited by scoobie007