Gun cleaning??

Hi guys got my shogun licence :) . And got a Laurona O/u single trigger ejector from my mate for £100 . Although he says it doesn't always fire both barrels I'm going to give it a good clean and try it this weekend so I can see exactly what it's doing. Is it easy to strip it down ? Anyone got any pics of one in bits ? It prob needs new springs or pins as a few of you said. But going to try a clean first as it has been used and not cleaned much.Any advice welcome.

Take the butt plate / recoil pad off. Take the stock bolt out - long screwdriver or hex key or nut.

Take stock off. The firing pins are retained by small knock through pins. Knock them out - then remove firing pins. If you have a compressor - use compressed air to blow out the tubes in which the firing pins slide. Use WD40 or similar or barrel cleaner to clean the tubes out. Get something - not too sharp to poke down the tubes. You would be surprised what muck they contain.

When you have cleaned them - check firing pins and springs are intact - and re-assemble. That might well cure the misfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFjp47LvfE

Edited by Gordon R

Get a pack of wooden cocktail sticks and a can of compressed air (computer/camera shop/maplins) AIK some gun oil like leigia. Take the stock off clean all the muck from the action use cocktail sticks to remove clumps then blow the rest out and light oil and back together, pair of snap caps are handy for you to dry fire and check everything is working as it should.