BSA sbs

ziplex

I visited an old dealer today, Cottage Guns of Highbridge, and bought the above for the princely sum of £70. Lovely gun in nice condition, lightly choked with 27 1/2" barrels, (which are virtually unmarked inside), auto safety and ok for 2 1/2 shells, (as I understand it a lot of the older British made sbs's accepted only 2" shells)

One ejector requires a new spring which he's sourcing for me.

A thoroughly nice chap and no doubt one from the old school.

Anyhow, any of you guys shoot with one? i'll be trying it out on the rabbits this friday with any luck but wanted some feedback in the meantime.

£70 for an old BSA...........wonderful.:lol:

G.M.

Well I spent an hour giving her a clean up and general oil............if the gun shoots as well as it looks it should be with me for a long time, there's someting about the look/feel and smell of a lovely old gun like this, and for £70 too........... :lol:

I just love English side by sides, as they are rather unfashionable now, you can get a beautifully made gun for a lot less than a new o/u, which will last for years. I just find them so enjoyable to shoot and would dearly love to own a classic Holland & Holland, Purdey, Boss & Co. etc but unfortunately I would find all my personal belongings on the front lawn if I came home with one. :)

I just love English side by sides, as they are rather unfashionable now, you can get a beautifully made gun for a lot less than a new o/u, which will last for years. I just find them so enjoyable to shoot and would dearly love to own a classic Holland & Holland, Purdey, Boss & Co. etc but unfortunately I would find all my personal belongings on the front lawn if I came home with one. :lol:

Never owned one before, never shot one..............still to try it out but i've a suspicion i'll be looking for another in time. They certainly feel very different to o/u's for sure and this old BSA has lots of character which I like. I'll post how, (I think), it shoots once tried. :)