Aya yeoman o/u for baikal o/u ??

vole

Have been enjoying rough shooting for a couple of months but after rain snow and mud my aya is marking badly despite taking care as much as poss.When it was stood on by sheep as i lifted a mole trap i decided to pick up a s/b Baikal which i actually like as a knockabout gun.I also like the feel and fit of a baikal 12g o/u in the shop.Woul i be mad to swap it for my AYA?I paid £300 for it s/h.Cheers.

Have been enjoying rough shooting for a couple of months but after rain snow and mud my aya is marking badly despite taking care as much as poss.When it was stood on by sheep as i lifted a mole trap i decided to pick up a s/b Baikal which i actually like as a knockabout gun.I also like the feel and fit of a baikal 12g o/u in the shop.Woul i be mad to swap it for my AYA?I paid £300 for it s/h.Cheers.

Nothing wrong with EITHER gun IMHO but IF your swapping a AYA in good nick for a Baikal O/U (expecially a DT version) you should try your luck and look for a cash difference of say £50+ too.

The Baikal O/U can go as little as £100 through to £250 second hand for a REAL good one privately

Your AYA is worth about the same in good nick £250 to £300 in good nick with the chokes etc.

Personally though i would stick with the AYA (better the devil you know) :lol:

LG

[Thanks LG.The Baikal is a single trigger and my yeoman is fixed chokes.It fits me about the same as my present gun which i can now manage to hit stuff with.Do you find your yeoman picks up marks and scratches easilly?You probably right about sticking to own gun.Am sure if I resist long enough the urge for new gun will disappear.

[Thanks LG.The Baikal is a single trigger and my yeoman is fixed chokes.It fits me about the same as my present gun which i can now manage to hit stuff with.Do you find your yeoman picks up marks and scratches easilly?You probably right about sticking to own gun.Am sure if I resist long enough the urge for new gun will disappear.

Never have a problem with guns picking up marks as i treat mine with kid gloves :lol:

If you JUST managing to get consistent with your AYA you would be NUTS to change as you would poss have to start again :lol:

LG