Webley Valuemax .22

hoggysreels

Only recently aquired ... would be grateful of some info if anyone can help.

1. Was reading up about replacement springs and seals etc. It referred to early and later models. How can l tell if mine is an early or later version. Apparently the change over year was 2011.

2. Noticed there are Ox and Titan springs ... which is the best to go for? ... should have said, mine is a <12lb class air rifle.

3. The trigger function is quite sensitive. After being aware of the fact it is, its not such a problem, though l intend on adjusting it. The safety catch is the rear of the cylinder body, for want of the correct part description. A push/pull out type affair. I had two occasions today of the trigger functioning with the safety catch in the "safe" position ... lm wondering if the trigger adjustment has been messed with and this has affected the safety catch function .. is that feasible ?

4. Best pellet for a .22 Webley Valuemax ... the nature of use will be vermin control ?

Cheers for looking in ..

Edited by hoggysreels

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Webley VMX has moved on ... after Evo chrono testing it, and it putting out 7.4-7.7lbs, l had a rethink.

Bought the VMX from Tonys Camo .. so popped back and had a chat with him. He also chrono tested the gun, this reaffirmed what Evo had already told me "its way down on power" ... to be fair to Tonys Camo, he was extremely helpful and suggested a couple of options. I would certainly use Tonys Camo again ... "l could have tbe Webley VMX resprung/resealed. That meant it would be towards the end of July before l had the gun back. Or he would swap the gun for another gun. Second option appealed to me most.

So l took away a brand new boxed SMK B19, I also got a nice quality gunslip.

Arrived back home and had a few shots. Immediately the difference was noticable. Im happier in all honesty, can't say l really was ever convinced with a plastic stock etc ... in a lot of way the SMK looks like a Daystate .. ;)

well that's very good of tony,s camo mate,,

glad you got sorted Pete, heve you tried it out yet, also mate what power is it running at ?

look forward to having a nose at it, when you said it looks like a daystate do you mean the stock is Brown and the barrel is black ha ha

does it look like these two by any chance, the ones you shot yesterday

wolverineandairwolf002_zpsf78b9d1b.jpg

catch ya soon bud and glad I could help

ps have you put the 3x9x56 scope on it yet ???

atb Evo

Indeed, l think Tonys Camo were very fair. Its nice to mention when you have a purchase and the retailers are 'a good'un!" .. was the case with me and Tonys .. highly recommended.

Bit of a typo error Bob .. should have read "Rightstate" ... lol

ln honesty, lf you pay little, expect little, though that doesnt mean little satisfaction or fun ... lm pleased.

Yep, put the scope on the Chinese Holland & Holland and it worked a treat mate. Regards power, l shot a post and the pellet penetrated deeper than the valuemax ... if you ever need fine tuning regards power with your Daystate Bob, your welcome to borrow this post.

The trigger on the SMK feels slightly different to the Daystates ...lol

Yea can't put a price on quality, and l haven't !!

P.S. ... scope is brillant mate ... a massive thanks mate .. atb "SMK rule"

Edited by hoggysreels

Now the B19 is a fine gun, and you can make it a really smooth shooter if you feel like fettling with it. Trigger can be modded and completely replaced with a nice two stage aftermarket one if you desire, and you can do some tuning of the internals also, or replace some parts with delrin made bits and bobs which make it even nicer to shoot.

However, it's powerful enough for vermin out of the box so if you're getting along with it then you can just shoot it as it is!