homemade spinner target

young airgunner

i was bored at home today and decided i would make a spinner target. firstly i found a metal rod which was used with a garden ornament which had broke from the frost :) i then angle grinded the ends of the pole so it was straight. i then bent it into place to make the simple standing frame. next, with my mums permission :no: i raided the cuttlery draw. i grabbed 3 spoons which would make the spinners. i hammered the spoons to make them flat. i then found an old wire coat hanger which would connect my spinners to the frame. i drilled through the spoon handles and using the coat hanger, attached the spinners to the frame. a quick spray of the spinner faces with paint transformed them from shiny spoons to bright colourful targets.

LET THE PLINKING COMMENCE!!! :D

spinner.jpg

cheers james

ive had exactly the same idea as that hehe!! never got round to actually making it though. would the paint not come straight off the spoons?? You would have probably been best off either leaving them silver or gluing some type of bright material on?? Not sure if that would work either but would probably last longer than the paint.

Looks good anyway mate, good job :D:):no:

Spray them then get hold of some good quality epoxy (not araldite its rubbish) some good quality 24 hour cure stuff from a model shop. if you mix it right and layer it on thinly to coat the paint and let it cure for at least 24 hours indoors (more if outside, heat makes it go off quicker) it shouldn't chip off.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done lad,

Nice to see a youngster spending they time doing something legal and healthy. I made one up similar using a wire coat hanger and a varity of spoon sizes I picked up at a car boot sale. I found by putting pieces of plastic drinking straws in between the spoons this eliminated them spinning together after a while.

Word of warning to anyone thinking of doing this, make sure as young airgunner did, that you hammer the spoons flat. If not what tends to happen is that the pellet rather than its power disapating upon impact, richoets back towards you at an angle.

I found this out the hard way. :blink: Also, make sure you have a good backstop, concrete flagstone or breeze blocks covered with an offcut of carpet to act as a dampner.

SS <_<