Chris Green's DVD Pigeon shooting "The Whole Story" Vol

Suffolk shooter

Yesterday morning, as I wasn't allowed out to play, I thought I'd get my own back on the missus and watched Chris Green's video Pigeon shooting the whole story volume one that a mate had lent me some time ago.

What a genuine, nice bloke, who kept the chat to a minimum, whilst explaining enough. Best bit was the Peregrine attacking the Deeks, fantastic footage. Scariest bit was when he calculated, (albeit roughly), how much grain one pigeon eats in a day, to work out that there was 77 million grains eaten that day by the flock of Woodies on that one field, and how that equates to approx 5.1 tonnes of grain.

I knew having read Archie Coates book sometime ago, where he also made a rough calculations that it was alot, but to see it physically is quite shocking really. Looking to get the second volume now.

SS :D

Jeez!

It would take one MASSIVE flock of pigeons to clear over 5 tonne of grain off a field in one day.

See below the Rough calcs that Chris did to establish this figure. If I misled you on the amount in one day then sorry, but I have tried to remember the figures he mentioned.

Grains in pigeons crop 298.00

Times feeds a day (x2) 596.00

X Pigeons shot by Chris green 65.00

X estimated size of Flock 6.00

Number of ears (on Average) produced from one grain 4.00

Number of grains produced on average per ear 20.00

Ave. No. of days duration on Field (Chris Greens Estimate) 4.00

Then he did some calculation which I cant remember to work out that the total yield lost was 5.1 Tonne.

So all in all, still pretty scary, considering I reckon he under estimated the number of birds in the flock quite considerably.

SS :rolleyes: