Winchester Select laminated

Scully

Have just been round to a mates house and fellow 101 fan, who has bought himself a Winchester Select. I must confess I disregarded these guns as not too serious a gun as Winchester is no longer the company it once was, and believe they now come under the Browning umbrella?

Anyhow, the rolled on engraving wasn't too pretty but what an impressive piece of kit otherwise. Easily as heavy as my old 101 Diamond Grade (if not heavier) it has a grey laminated stock with a nice palm swell and adjustable comb and comes up absolutely bang on with my right eye placing the mid bead just below the muzzle bead to make a nice figure of eight.

I initially thought these guns were a cynical attempt to cash in on the Winchester name with an inferior quality product, but there's nothing inferior about them as far as I can see. The lock-up is similar to Beretta and the gun closes with that quality satisfying thunk. Very impressive.

May be having a go with this if we can get to Greystoke or Crabtree some time soon.

I bought one on here from a PW member not long ago, I bought it for my son or friends to use. Can't really fault it, adjustable trigger and comb. A real head turner when were out shooting with it, shotgun manufacturers should bring out more laminate stocks for sure.

They are nice story goes they are made in Belgium at herstal and assembled in Portugal with the browning semi's something about them not wanting to loose the skillset as most are made in Japan by miroku FN make the select in Belgium to retains jobs and skills I guess to feed the custom shop and insulatethem from the yen