For Sale Air Bottle

EMcC

The guy that filled my bottle is certainly no numpty thank you very much and could be why he puts them in a cage to fill.

Perhaps your mates, the one with one eye and the other with one leg were the numpties.

not numpties, just unlucky! both the incidents involved cylinders that were in test but had been damaged in one way or another. As you stated you had been told your cylinder was out of test, if this was the case and the cylinder was "out of test" then the person,IMO that filled it was a numpty, if you dont beleive me you can always ask the HSE or IDEST or one of the other organisations who do the training for cylinder testers, who will confirm this and remove the numpties certificate and ability to test cylinders!

Edit: if he has one

Edit2: If he wanted to be even safer, he would fill the cylinders in a specially made waterbath, not just a cage that may be able to withstand very small tyre pressures in comparison to 300bar cylinders!

Edited by silver pigeon69

not numpties, just unlucky! both the incidents involved cylinders that were in test but had been damaged in one way or another. As you stated you had been told your cylinder was out of test, if this was the case and the cylinder was "out of test" then the person,IMO that filled it was a numpty, if you dont beleive me you can always ask the HSE or IDEST or one of the other organisations who do the training for cylinder testers, who will confirm this and remove the numpties certificate and ability to test cylinders!

Edit: if he has one

Edit2: If he wanted to be even safer, he would fill the cylinders in a specially made waterbath, not just a cage that may be able to withstand very small tyre pressures in comparison to 300bar cylinders!

I believe filling in water is to keep the temperature down during compression filling. I doubt if it would make that much difference to a catastrophic high pressure failure. You would still have an explosion but as well as getting blown to bits you would get wet as well.LOL

I believe filling in water is to keep the temperature down during compression filling. I doubt if it would make that much difference to a catastrophic high pressure failure. You would still have an explosion but as well as getting blown to bits you would get wet as well.LOL

yes it is but i also think the water would transfer alot of the pressure and direct the force of the water upwards out of the top of the bath.

yes it is but i also think the water would transfer alot of the pressure and direct the force of the water upwards out of the top of the bath.

Yes it would to a degree that is true. Most cylinders that fail depending on the overall condition just open like a banana. But I have found parts of cylinders over 100metres away from where they exploded. But one particular case in a factory fire we couldn't find any remains of a cylinder. The FB were insistent there had been an explosion but on investigation we couldn't find anything to confirm it was a cylinder.

Yes it would to a degree that is true. Most cylinders that fail depending on the overall condition just open like a banana. But I have found parts of cylinders over 100metres away from where they exploded. But one particular case in a factory fire we couldn't find any remains of a cylinder. The FB were insistent there had been an explosion but on investigation we couldn't find anything to confirm it was a cylinder.

when i was at college(many years ago) they had a burst cylinder on display(think it was acetylene) that exploded in a fire in a factory, went through the roof and was apparently found 1/2 mile away in someones garden!

when i was at college(many years ago) they had a burst cylinder on display(think it was acetylene) that exploded in a fire in a factory, went through the roof and was apparently found 1/2 mile away in someones garden!

Yes that's about right although never seen one 1/2 a mile away. That's why the FB impose such a large cordoned off area if there is any concern that Acetylene cylinders maybe present in a fire. One of the not so pleasant jobs was to assess Acetylene cylinders after being involved in a fire to see if they was safe to transport. In the early days before heat seekers we used to touch by hand!!