How things have changed

death from below

Bought myself an air rifle a month back to do some social shooting.....used it in anger last sunday against a brigade of pesky doves in my mates corn shed......crikey how these rifles have come on.....the last time I shot an air rifle was about twenty odd years ago......when the slug used to bounce off a ripe potato....not any more....my .22 cleanly dispatched the offending birds with clean kills and great accuracy. I am impressed as was my mate as he is not too impressed when I let rip with my 12 gauge.

DFB

:good:

Yes, air rifles have come along way with the progressing technology, something new just around the corner, ive been at it for over 20yrs now and cant give it up, i remember my first rifle was my 22. mk1 bsa airsporter which i still have today. i wouldnt part with it after the history ive been told of what its done over the years off grandad, then i got a original 50 at the age of 12, used it till i was 17 loverly rifle woodworm stock :good: rusty as a battle ship :good: accurate and powerfull sold to my uncle who still use it today, then i got a tuned up .22 mk2 supersport. then sold when i was 20 then its been the same bsa superten ever since... there are a few more things but cant think of there names. so yes alot has changed over the years.

I've got my rusty and badly looked after BSA Superstar on the restore bench now. New seals, piston, underlever, catch, breach seals and complete strip and overhaul.

I can't wait to get back out there and take a bunny with it, same as I did when I was 13 with my dear old pops :good: