todays shoot on new farm.

brooke

arrived at 7.30,had a walk uphill with all the gear,the top half of the field was blue with birds.

walked all birds off and set up the hide in front of a thich holly bush,out with the decoys and magnet taking time to get it right first time.

birds coming into the decoys as we were setting up.......it was at this stage i thought oh boy what a day were going to have......and we did.

first bird in was a big black crow,which was taken with the first shot,then NOTHING for around an hour or so.

the first woodie came to the magnet while i was away from the hide taking a pee,my mate got that one,then again NOTHING for the next few hours.

desperation was setting in but we then noticed a few birds gathering in the trees.

we waited it out and managed another three woodies and one more crow.

this field has been devastated by the birds with over half the rape taken to ground level.

just not our day i suppose,rang the farmer who is more than happy for us to shoot it again and has kindly given us permission to shoot the rabbits on his land (we saw more of them than we did pigeon today).

going back on thursday with the fettets and might just set up some decoys in the afternoon if the birds are showing.

still had a great day and i think we did a great job of crop protection as very few birds landed on the field.

you win some you lose some,but come to think of it i win because i was out in the country doing what i love to do.

will let you know how thursday pans out for us...............it might just get better,who knows. :rolleyes:

arrived at 7.30,had a walk uphill with all the gear,the top half of the field was blue with birds.

walked all birds off and set up the hide in front of a thich holly bush,out with the decoys and magnet taking time to get it right first time.

birds coming into the decoys as we were setting up.......it was at this stage i thought oh boy what a day were going to have......and we did.

first bird in was a big black crow,which was taken with the first shot,then NOTHING for around an hour or so.

the first woodie came to the magnet while i was away from the hide taking a pee,my mate got that one,then again NOTHING for the next few hours.

desperation was setting in but we then noticed a few birds gathering in the trees.

we waited it out and managed another three woodies and one more crow.

this field has been devastated by the birds with over half the rape taken to ground level.

just not our day i suppose,rang the farmer who is more than happy for us to shoot it again and has kindly given us permission to shoot the rabbits on his land (we saw more of them than we did pigeon today).

going back on thursday with the fettets and might just set up some decoys in the afternoon if the birds are showing.

still had a great day and i think we did a great job of crop protection as very few birds landed on the field.

you win some you lose some,but come to think of it i win because i was out in the country doing what i love to do.

will let you know how thursday pans out for us...............it might just get better,who knows. :blink:

The top and bottom of it all is!

It's better than veging on the Sofa :lol:

Sounds like you had a good day even though your score card was low :blink:

LG