Dashboard cameras

team tractor

ive just had viper car alarm with microwave sensors and camera supplied and fitted for £580, looking at the receipt it states £200 for camera fitted.

its made by novus the chap said he fits loads of them, mainly in taxis.

i have no problems with it and it sees quite well in the dark too i will put some images up for you over the week end ( next time i am out) day and nite shots

it also has sound rec. the only down side i can see is that you have to go through the company to get the vids etc so you can send to insurance etc as the vids are encrypted, and you can not play files in external vid player like media player.

but there is a way round both of them issues, to play the vids in media player etc use the software that comes with camera import the files into the camera software then you can play files in media player if you wish.

the way round the encryption is i use camera software and select the video footage i want, and i run a screen capture program to capture the whole of the software playing the video which included google maps and the tech stuff with it. ( the screen capture software i use is BSR Screen Recorder 5)

anyway here are a couple of images of the unit it's self. if you require the manual give me your email in a pm and i will send to you.

by the way the chap that done the work for me is a bloke called john and he owns a company called covics in bulkington. i am sure you could search on net for his details if you wish.

if i can be of any more help let me know

regards

geoff

Edited by djgeoff

ive just had viper car alarm with microwave sensors and camera supplied and fitted for £580, looking at the receipt it states £200 for camera fitted.

its made by novus the chap said he fits loads of them, mainly in taxis.

i have no problems with it and it sees quite well in the dark too i will put some images up for you over the week end ( next time i am out) day and nite shots

it also has sound rec. the only down side i can see is that you have to go through the company to get the vids etc so you can send to insurance etc as the vids are encrypted, and you can not play files in external vid player like media player.

but there is a way round both of them issues, to play the vids in media player etc use the software that comes with camera import the files into the camera software then you can play files in media player if you wish.

the way round the encryption is i use camera software and select the video footage i want, and i run a screen capture program to capture the whole of the software playing the video which included google maps and the tech stuff with it. ( the screen capture software i use is BSR Screen Recorder 5)

anyway here are a couple of images of the unit it's self. if you require the manual give me your email in a pm and i will send to you.

by the way the chap that done the work for me is a bloke called john and he owns a company called covics in bulkington. i am sure you could search on net for his details if you wish.

if i can be of any more help let me know

regards

geoff

as promised here are a couple of pics taken today