Poland boar shooting

crossy 666

It's the pigs that turn me grey :) one minute they sneak up on you and hide just a few feet out of sight.

You know they are there just in front of you but are taking a break from being chased by the dogs.

Then, for no apparent reason other than you thought you'd look the other way just in case they have moved, they shoot across the track like greased lightning.

Or, you hear the dogs in hot pursuit with the pigs crashing ahead of them coming straight towards you.

You hear another noise then realise it is your heart beating, you shoulder the rifle in anticipation and the next thing you know you have a moving black mass of living grunting flesh flash across the track, you cannot identify a single pig to aim for so being a true sportsman you hold off and then the noise fades into the distance to be followed by the cracks of the other hunters rifles as they prove to be in the right place at the right time.

I read recently of a certain well known so called sportsman that wrote an article for the Sporting Rifle magazine where he shot into a moving black mass, well it has been tempting but the thought of 'Browning' a mass of pigs would not sit well with me so I refrain from doing so.

There will always come a time when a 'string' of pigs will come and present a sporting shot of your choice or the individual that has been separated, so just wait your time and all things will come together and the feeling of satisfaction/excitement/ adrenalin rush will make it all worth while - and that is how you get hooked on Driven Boar hunting.

Aye yer right there. you never know what might come your way, particularly in Poland.

I had an old lady and young girl come towards me one morning on the first drive, they had been out early picking fungi !!!

not in season so I let them pass :rolleyes: