BARGAIN NV add on and Dowling and Rowe scope

FalconFN

Dowling and Rowe 4-12 x 50 AO scope 1" tube with fine mil dots and target turrets. Good condition but has a few marks - the worst of which is a scratch around the ocular, but optically it's fine. This scope works really well with NV below. £50 posted

IMAG0032_zpsnvgwvyha.jpg

IMAG0034_zpsdmesp5fy.jpg

Next up is my home built NV near-eye add on with AV out and OSD, it isn't a e700 but a slightly lower spec 700tvl sony board camera with the IR filter removed but it still performs extremely well under IR. I used it with a T20 type torch and could spot out to 300 yards but a realistic shooting range of 150 yards. It has AV out if you wanted to use a screen instead. There are a couple of bits to note; 1. There is no charger as I need that for my all in one scopless unit (12v 1 amp chargers are on ebay for £6 quid from the UK) 2. the viewfinder is vertically mounted and not horizontal. 3. Because of the vertical mounted viewfinder the on screen display appears on it's side. 4. I have no way of knowing how well this would stand up to recoil as I had it on a PCP so I would only recommend it for PCP and small cal rimfire. 5. It is near eye so once added to the scope it adds around 10cm to the eye relief. £80 posted

IMAG3712_zps7acaaca4.jpg

http://vid1144.photobucket.com/albums/o495/FalconFN/NV2_zps7506cab6.mp4

This video is taken by trying to hold a phone up to the eye piece so the quality is obviously much, much better in real life.

If you want both I'll chuck in a torch/scope clamp.

Edited by FalconFN

That looks a perfect set up for me, any chance of building another one?

Not really :lol: , it was too time consuming. Plus I'm making a mini spotter to go with the 'scopeless' unit I made to replace the add on (which currently sits on the Falcon I got from you :good: ), so I don't have the time.

Dolphin and Duckman, I don't really have a link to a step by step guide but it is basically very similar to other add on units (check out the night vision uk forum for info and ideas) but I opted for a near eye viewer rather than a screen as I do most on my shooting on foot and need to keep at least one eye accustomed to the dark. CRT viewfinders work really well and I've used that unit for 6-7 months to really good effect but I've gone scopeless now so don't need either bits.