BSA Ultra Multishot Power Loss

NicholasSabuldihin

Hi all have recently picked up a .22 BSA Ultra Multishot for my first propper airgun .. Baught it from a good dealership second hand ,, but i feel the power just isent there as it should be ,, i load and cock the gun before i pup it up to 200bar is this the correct preasure or should i be putting more in ? ,, i dont have a firears but have a valid shotgun certificate,, Also i have found that the o ring is broke in the magazine can this result to a loss of power ? ... or does anyone else have any other tips for improving my gun ,, Thanks Nick

If you have the SE version, then the fill-pressure can go up to 232 Bar. If you have the MMC version, then around 180 Bar is the norm. (the SE has a bolt at the rear of the action - the MMC has a black knob at the front of the action).

The magazine o-rings won't affect the power, but they might have an effect on the indexing of the pellets.

The only way to know what the power is is to use a chrono. Guesswork won't help at all. When I had my HW100, it was so smooth and quiet that it 'felt' like it was underpowered, but it was putting out a consistent 11.54 fpe, so I would have it checked before you go any further. Better still, buy yourself a chrono. :good::yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Also don't load and cock the gun before filling it up, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The mentions of cocking the gun before filling it are if you have let the pressure get so low that you are having trouble pumping it back up. Normally you shouldn't need to.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

My ultra se is at its height of power from 180bar and returns 29 full power shots and drops away after that, if we are at the range then 50 shots with a slight aim adjustment to compensate its fine, I'd try the 180 bar fill but you wont know until you chrono it what your sweet spot is, top power this gun achieves btw is 11.4 with ftt's,