Size really does matter

mry716

Size does matter !

I have just fired my new 325 with my latest version of porting and the heading of this post is correct 'Size really does matter', in fact it matters an awful lot.

The 325 with 220 grn bullets traveling at 2840fps and 3941lb-ft produces recoil approximate to two 308s firing 165gn loads or like a 338 win mag firing 250gn and about the same as a 375H&H shooting 270gn.

But with the porting it is a pleasant and easy rifle to shoot and the recoil is now little more than a 22-250 despite a rifle weighing 7.75lbs all up AND with no muzzle flip so I can see the hit.

The secret seems to be a matter of a few thousandths of an inch. I have back bored the barrel just 8.5mm in comparison the normal 11/32†and the effect is amazing. Previously the recoil reduction was phenomenal for such minor modifications but now it is out of this world. Fancy being able to hold a 7lb rifle (no scope) suitable for ALL American quarry including Grizzly in one hand and pull the trigger knowing you will not even give your wrist a twist. Seriously it is that good. If anyone is interested and shooting 308 and above drop me a line and I will explain exactly what I do to reduce the 308 recoil down to approximately 223 levels.

Noise does increase but of course only at the rifle end - the noise levels at the target are considerably quieter so less quarry disturbance for the second kill. However the noise levels at the rifle end are no where near as high as with most muzzle brakes and are quite acceptable to the shooter (but not so good to a near bystander though) and the inconvenience is more than worth while putting up with for the easy shooting the effect produces.

It really is the next best thing to a miracle so try it and be amazed yourself.

mry716@hotmail.com