scope

srrb

If your going for a 'cheap' scope (i put cheap in inverted commas because one mans cheap is anothers expensive) i'd recommend having a look at the Simmons range.

From what i know Tasco are Jap made and a word of warning is that there are many fakes out there which are even poorer. The more gizmos there are the more things are likely to break.

Tasco are a good brand as long as it is not a copy!

Walther are another good "budget" brand, as are Hawke.

Go for a large objective lense for good light transference and no extra bobbins, all your money is going on the glass that way.

As said above Simmons are also excellent.

For airgun hunting I use a 6x42 Hawke endurance, great in low light, may sound lo-mag but its all you need for air gun hunting (I used it on my Rimmy as well as a test out to 60m) I picked one up for £70 a while ago, it has good quality lens which counts as some cheaper 3-9x50 scopes are a bit poor on lens quality. :oops:

By far one of the best affordable scopes you will find is from the Nikko Stirling range. Even the budget model range (Mount Master) offers superb build quality and excellent optic performance.

Which ever scope you go for a 3-9x40 will be more than suffiecient for hunting purposes. The larger you go on the receptor the better the light gathering will be. However, the high the scope will have to be from the barrel. So its all about finding your own happy medium.