chrono

swampyis1968

Hi I was wondering is their anyone from around the Bedford area or Wellingborough way that has a chrono as I would like to check my bsa r10 mk2 fps it is suppose to be a sub 12lb I've had it for about a month and fired about 200 pellets through it but sometimes feels under powered and I'm thinking about getting it tuned or would it be best to apply for my fac and then get it tuned to about 30lb any help appreciated thanks

Hi I was wondering is their anyone from around the Bedford area or Wellingborough way that has a chrono as I would like to check my bsa r10 mk2 fps it is suppose to be a sub 12lb I've had it for about a month and fired about 200 pellets through it but sometimes feels under powered and I'm thinking about getting it tuned or would it be best to apply for my fac and then get it tuned to about 30lb any help appreciated thanks

ps I will be using it mainly for pigeons at work and rats plus when I get the chance to go rabbiting thanks

The fact that I would like to have more than one gun and would like the get land to shoot on with an fac licence i think it would make sense to get a gun safe from the start instead of getting a gym locker if you see the state of lockers at our work than you would see that they about as strong as 2 ply paper and you wouldn't want to use that on yourself plus I would feel safer with a proper safe than something I know you could just kick the side in

The fact that I would like to have more than one gun and would like the get land to shoot on with an fac licence i think it would make sense to get a gun safe from the start instead of getting a gym locker if you see the state of lockers at our work than you would see that they about as strong as 2 ply paper and you wouldn't want to use that on yourself plus I would feel safer with a proper safe than something I know you could just kick the side in

this day and age safety is paramount

this day and age safety is paramount

Yeah like my Labrador is going to pinch me Galatian....

No kids mate, the guns are kept in the lockers to protect them from knocks and let the air circulate,

But FAC does demand proper gun safes.

Ah then the fun starts!

Pellets change FPS a heck of a lot, so finding the most accurate and efficient pellet for the gun can become like a quest for the Holy Grail.

Luckily my gun was sorted by the man who designed it and also tested to find which pellet was most efficient.

Unfortunately they stopped making that pellet!

ps I will be using it mainly for pigeons at work and rats plus when I get the chance to go rabbiting thanks

A lot of the new PCP's seem like they are underpowered because they are so smooth and quiet. I'm not saying that it's not a good idea to get a chrono, because I think it's an essential piece of equipment for any airgunner, and for £50 it might just keep you out of prison one day. :yes:

Combro cb-625's are great, and the after-sales service is probably one of the best in the UK. [and no, I don't have any connection with Combro! :no::lol: ]

http://www.chronoscopes.com/

well thank you to Robert 1990 for the cronos it turned up today so done a 10 shot and the average was 7.9 lbs that was with crosman destroyer 14.3g pellets then I tried h&n barracuda magnum 19.9g and got 8.02lbs then I looked at my gauge and it looked low so I filled her up to 200 bar so I throught lets do 5 of each pellet and the results was even worse 3.29-2.69 lbs whats going on any help please even at the higher lbs ealier I shot it is stiil quite low I think do you think. any ideas would be appreciated. ps I am going to get some crosman premier domes to try.

I think I will be I think its felt like its been firing 7.8- 8.2 lbs for a while so cronod it then filled up and it was like I could throw the pellets harder so will put cronos on it tomorrow and it looks like I will beheading back to the shop other wise

I think I will be I think its felt like its been firing 7.8- 8.2 lbs for a while so cronod it then filled up and it was like I could throw the pellets harder so will put cronos on it tomorrow and it looks like I will beheading back to the shop on Monday ps yes its the r10 mk2 carbine vc its had about 800 pellets through it now

well thought id check my lbs today still holding air according to the reg so put cronos on set to 14.3g Crossman destroyers and low and be hold now pushing out 12.06lbs 11.96lbs average was 12.03lbs so it looks like a trip to the shop plus I have a load of chrome plating all round the back where the bolt is. I wonder if I ask bsa if they dont mind john bowkett to put it right for them lol and they pay him

it was only pushing 2.3 3lbs yesterday when I filled it up

cheers for the advice yeah it still holding air will look at the reg tomorrow and will be going over to Northampton to drop it in cheers