first lamping session with newly aquired cz's

SPARKIE

got my fac through on thursday so picked up the guns and zerod them in thursday for fri night went out on 1 permission took the 22lr for some bunnys managed 5 in total and went to the next permission walked down the feild and there was 2 foxs in the field .22wmr out the bag ready started to get bipod legs down and the did a runner so give it some squeeking but was havin none of it disapeared up an embankment got up and had a quick scan of the feild and there was 1 behind me about 200yards so got walked down field a bit as it wasnt responding to the squeek got to around 130 yards and it run across the field and sat by the wood pile so moved again got to around 115yards got down was just sat there looking straight at me bang sent a federal hollow point into its head got up to make sure it was a gonna and saw it crawling of trying to get into the hedge so had to finish it with anouther shot went and picked it up was a big dog fox

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00064.JPG

wouldnt like to say weather the .17 would have killed it out right think its just where it hit it i did notice there was a hole in the rooth of its mouth and a lot of bloodit had its mouth open when i aimed as it was looking at me so think the bullet was a bit low and went in there dont think the from the federal balistics chart there is around 80-100ftlb more at the muzzle on the .22mag than the .17 but theres not mush difference over 150 yards ust the difference on bullet size 40grain compared to 17grain its dead so would say its a succesfull kill even tho took a couple to kill it.the flo wont issue a .17 for fox now in derbyshire so be carefull they said minimun ya allowed to use is .22wmr but for energy transfur id say was better had a log at 110 yards with target on shot it with .17 didnt move shot it with .22mag was knocking it over was a goot size too14inch across by 9inch thick so was definetly hitting harder am gonna try some higher velocity rounds soon

wouldnt like to say weather the .17 would have killed it out right think its just where it hit it i did notice there was a hole in the rooth of its mouth and a lot of bloodit had its mouth open when i aimed as it was looking at me so think the bullet was a bit low and went in there dont think the from the federal balistics chart there is around 80-100ftlb more at the muzzle on the .22mag than the .17 but theres not mush difference over 150 yards ust the difference on bullet size 40grain compared to 17grain its dead so would say its a succesfull kill even tho took a couple to kill it.the flo wont issue a .17 for fox now in derbyshire so be carefull they said minimun ya allowed to use is .22wmr but for energy transfur id say was better had a log at 110 yards with target on shot it with .17 didnt move shot it with .22mag was knocking it over was a goot size too14inch across by 9inch thick so was definetly hitting harder am gonna try some higher velocity rounds soon

Excellent start, maybe one in the Engine room would have dropped him. Always a risk with head shots of blowing half the jaw off, or worse, and condeming the fox to a slow death by starvation.

:good: D2D

cheers sparkie hope im not disapointed with the 17 hmr if i ever get it :good: