hunting in Surrey

Good morning, my name is Luigi, I am Italian and I started to work in Surrey last week. I will live in Woking for at least one year.

I love hunting, especially small games as wood pigeons, woodcocks, snipes, grouses and ducks. I also love shoot to rabbit and hares.

I have got an Italian hunting licence 12 years ago. I do not have my weapon with me. I should rent one or buy one in second hand.

Could you please give me any information about the places near to Woking where it is possible to hunt? What do I need to hunt (permits or stuff like that) ?

Is there any BASC office in Woking? Is there any Italian community of hunters I could join to?

Any tips or suggestions are more than welcome. Looking forward to starting hunting in England.

Hi, There is a strong Italian community in Woking so they may be able to help. I don't shoot live quarry; so I can't help much, but due to the high population in the area I don't think there are many opportunities close to Woking. You could try the local clay shooting clubs as a way of meeting people but to make any progress you would need to get a shotgun licence and then your own gun. Otherwise, you will need to find a very kind and generous friend to take you out hunting. Good luck.

Go to a clay club with a section 11 ( they will likely buddy you to make sure you are safe) which will allow you to shoot as it means they can hire you a gun.You may wish to join which will help applying for a shotgun certificate.

www.surreysportingclub.co.uk ( Sunday's )

www.headleyclaypigeonclub.com (Saturday's)

Both friendly and welcoming.

Apply for your Shotgun Certificate ( you will require a cabinet which is approved to store your gun) . Insurance is usually requested basc or cpsa.

Driven bird days require an over and under or side by side as a semi auto is a little frowned upon, something to consider.

Look on here for driven days once you are good to go

Good luck