Barley

At my Mrs' place today and have been keeping an eye on a field of barley that has just germinated and is now showing an inch of green shoots - just been for a look and there was between 100 and 150 wood pigeon there feeding on the ground, they seem to be flying in from the old railway line adjoining the field, and some trees following the edge of the field, along a quiet road.

This is a very open field, with, like i said part of an old railway line adjoining it, the barley is planted right up to the edge and there is alot of cover where we could make a hide on the edge of the line, we have about 20 shell decoys, a few dead woodies and an electric flapper (with no timer at the moment) - what is the best plan of attack?

Sam

If you know where they are entering the field, I would place my hide and decoys just off that line.

Get all your decoys out and hopefully the shells are on spring sticks, or similar , so you get a bit of movement.

There are plenty of posts on here regarding good decoy layouts, so have a look around and use the Search facility.

Good luck. :good: