Virus Alert

darkassassin

hey most of you know i have a site about pigeon decoying (www.####.co.uk) and intend no competition wiv pigeon watch (not that id stand any chance wiv all you devotees, lol) but im jus warnin you all, weve had many viruses sent to us, luckily i can recognise them

im jus warnin cos they may even seem from reliable sources (i even got one from sumone wiv the email addy "anna@pigeonwatch.co.uk" i dont know how they did that, but its gettin serious, i got 15 today

and as most of ure emails are on here i jus fort id let you all know, also im warnin the owners of pigeon watch, dont let vese ******** screw you over, ******* antis

:< :< :< :< :<

This will explain what is happening.

"This is because the I-Worm/Mydoom virus changes the address of the sender of the infected email. This makes it very difficult to identify the actual sender of the virus, and therefore to notify the sender that his computer is infected. This may result in the virus displaying a different email address from that of the actual sender of the infected email. When such an email is detected by the anti-virus system on the computer which receives the infected e-mail, a warning message is often sent concerning the infection to the address that is indicated as the sender of the infected message - even when the email was NOT sent from this address."

so provided you dont open the attachment and are running anti virus software? you should be ok even if its addressed as if from you with a different "handle" ie fred@ its not coming from you?its coming from someone whos pc is infected and has you on there mail list?

cheers Keith

no probs my incoming has slowed to a couple a day was getting up to 10 an HOUR

wish to hell people who allow your address to go into their mail list automatically would get some anti virus software?

cheers Keith