Back garden shooting and nosey neighbours.

HWRob89

Her concerns are understandable, as are yours. Instead of getting uptight with her, bring her into the fold so to speak. Try to allay her fears, which in this case would be over penetration of any back stop and hitting her grand kids. Invite her round for a brew, show her the back stop, show her the pellets won't go through the fence if you did miss, even set up a target and let her try it for herself.

Her concerns are understandable, as are yours. Instead of getting uptight with her, bring her into the fold so to speak. Try to allay her fears, which in this case would be over penetration of any back stop and hitting her grand kids. Invite her round for a brew, show her the back stop, show her the pellets won't go through the fence if you did miss, even set up a target and let her try it for herself.

+1

Or get a spud gun and use that?? :L

More than likely there's a post relevant to this topic but I couldn't find one.

OK so I got my hw97kt back from forest lodge guns in Wragby Lincolnshire (brilliant ppl) and thought I'd try her out in the back garden. 18yard range, paper target with suitable backstop, 6ft fence. Then after 10 mins the neighbour that I share my back fence with peered over and said "I'd prefer you didn't shoot on a Sunday as I have my grandchildren round" I tried to reassure her that I was being responsible and even changed my shooting direction and shot from the fence towards My house but she was having none of it and was telling me that she's been "letting it slide" to which I got quite defensive in an assertive way and told her to brush up on the law and I'm well within my rights. Apparently she's making a complaint to the appropriate ppl. Am I OK to carry on and ignore her? Am I in the right? I know the boundary law ect. Been shooting in my garden for 5 yrs now and it's the first time she ever said anything or noticed. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks

In my opinion, whilst you are within the law and it is your right to do as you did.....you handled that **** poorly.

She is obviously not Anti as she has never complained in 5 years about you shooting but when she made that request, albeit inconvenient and unneccesary you should have just ackowledged her, advised it was safe and why and then said you understand her concerns albeit unfounded and just packed up and been polite and civil.

Instead you've probably just created an anti, potentially caused yourself future grief and come accross as quite hostile.

Could have dealt with the situation a lot better IMO