Lincolnshire firearms licence department delays

cowlan90

• 1 month later...

Hi all, has anyone had a SG grant compleated recently in Lincolnshire? I had the FEO out over 5 weeks ago. I phoned 2 weeks ago and was told I was 2nd from the top of the pile, but they still wouldn't comit to giving me a time till it will be sorted. Next week It will have been 7 months from my application.

Edited by niguk68

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, has anyone had a SG grant compleated recently in Lincolnshire? I had the FEO out over 5 weeks ago. I phoned 2 weeks ago and was told I was 2nd from the top of the pile, but they still wouldn't comit to giving me a time till it will be sorted. Next week It will have been 7 months from my application.

Finally sorted, total 7 months and 1 week. I will add I had some history the police had to look into, so stright forward grant might be slightly shorther.

Devon and Cornwall Police are quoting 68 days for a firearm application and 88 for a shotgun application. Renewals 45 and 44 days. I posted a variation for a .223 Tuesday last week and had a call today to say it's all approved and is being posted out.

I can't knock the service I have ever received from Devon and Cornwall firearms department.