Lincolnshire firearms licence department delays

cowlan90

Hi there does anyone know how long the current wait time is for a shotgun certificate in Lincolnshire. I received a letter stating there is a delay but there has been no progress on this since the 15th Jan. Anyone recently received there's that would be kind enough to tell me when the applied? Many thanks

Edited by cowlan90

Took me like 8 months but after a quick polite phone call to the main office they were extremely apologetic and it got sorted quickly after .

how long ago was that ?

I was quoted 6-12 weeks . I've only been waiting since the end of December. just really want to get my own gun so I can watch my scores plummet 😃

haha I'm sure everyone thinks if was worth the wait? I now know I'm not the first person in this boat and I won't be the last.

Yes, well worth the wait.

However I have a little tale to tell . . .

Just before xmas we had some guys come down to our shoot. They came and did a taster session and expressed an interest in applying for their licenses. So I had a chat with them, explained the system and what they needed to do. They`ve been down a couple of times since then but a couple of weeks ago they all turned up again with shiny new shotguns. I was surprised to say the least. Apparently their applications with West Yorkshire had been processed, their house visited and their licences approved and sent out in approximately 7 weeks!

So it really does make you wonder why some forces take so long when others are so efficient.

Just wait you can do nothing too speed it up by the way your FEO looks at pigeon watch every day as I found out big brother is watching

Deershooter

Had you said something you shouldn't of on here for him to bring it up or was it just a general conversation thing? I only ask as I believe we have the same FEO and he has never mentioned this forum.

wow. that's crazy . I'm really looking forward to having my own gun, I'm a 6ft7 lad and think that having a gun that fits me will Improve my scores.

I'm not sure where you shoot, but with us in Mid Wales, we just tried a few guns from the gun room, then put deposits on the ones we thought fitted best, and they were then in all but name 'sold' to us, so we had the same guns all the time after that...

Also, our SGC took 12 weeks, but it seems giving them a call helps quite a bit. Be nice and all that...

I know two guys who have health issues and have had long delays getting a renewal. Lincolnshire police are now saying on their website that if you think you have a medical condition which might affect your renewal then it is down to you to get and pay for a doctors report. They also state that applications should be put in 8 weeks before the renewal date.

Both my mates filled in the form in the usual way and then found out they needed a medical report, thus really delaying the process.

My renewal took five months, and then only after much chasing. it is privately run and either they didn't do there homework properly when they took it on or they are incompetent. I asked for a precise breakdown of the process that took five months and i was just given the brush off. I suspect they are deliberately stringing it out to emphasise how underfunded and short handed they are before asking for more money or an increase in the licence fee. EITHER WAY IT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AS A SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC.

• 1 year later...

my experience with lincs is as follows.

i applied for a coterminous shotgun and firearms cert last year for 1 shotgun, 1 .22lr and a 6.5x55mm.

mid march they received my application. visited me early july and promised certificates end of july but they didnt arrive due to an error with something on the paperwork (on their side). i ended up driving there to collect them at beginning of sept.

put a variation in in mid dec for a .17hmr and a 2nd 6.5x55mm. collected the new FAC mid feb.

generally spoke directly to one of two FEO's directly on there mobile, both very helpful at all times. one of them even popped into the next county to check some land for me to get it agreed for 6.5x55mm, as he was only 20mins away from there and said itd be easier for him to do it than me try to arrange humberside to do it. as it happens him approving the land for that calibre was a bit pointless, the restrictions on my first FAC granted in sept were removed as requested at the time the variation was done in december.

on the whole i think ive faired better than many other people.

Edited by SBN