Silencer / moderator help

justme

Hi,

I have a webley raider II. It has a fitted moderator. Trouble is it rattles very slightly. Have striped it down to see if I can spot whats wrong but I cant. It is basicaly a tube screwed to the barrel with two pots with holes in & one plate with a hole in with a o ring then a closing plate with a hole. Should the pots be fitted open end in first or closed end in first/ Cant hear any difference at the gun end & as the pots will be closed off by the other pot or plate does it matter which way they go? Can any one spot the make from this description? What would be a better one that will fit straight on to the screw thread on the barrel/

Justme

PS how do you post pics on this forum? Other forums I use allow direct uploading to the forum & others need you to host it on your own site (or photo bucket etc) first.

I have a webley raider 10, and I believe they are similar in design. The 'pots' as you call them are actually silencers in themselves, they fit into the shrouded outer barrel and compress the sound so its quieter (the black metal tube that fits over the actual barrel), if you shoot it without the 'pots' in it will sound like a cheffing cannon.

The small spacer (the thin ring with the hole) goes in first. The pots go in open end first so the closed end is showing. On the webley raider 10 there are 3 shroud silencers (pots), im not sure how many are suppose to be on the raider 2, this could be the cause of the rattling. There should also be a spring washer in the end between one of the silencers and the moderator, if that is missing then that could also cause the rattling.

Best plan is to nip it to your local gun shop and get them to have a look.

If you have any more troubles just give me a PM and il see if i can sort it out for you.

Rob.

Hi,

Thanks for that. Not enough room for third pot so not that but there is no spring washer / plate so might be that. Dont have a local gun shop, only local place that sells airgun stuff is a bike shop so they dont do technical. Will try putting the plat in first. HAve tried pots both ways but seem to make no diff but then at the gun it dont sound much louader withoutn it at all.

justme

Put the pots in open end first, if you use it too much the other way then they can be damaged. Measure the diameter of one of the pots and just nip to b and q or homebase and get a spring washer of that diameter.

Rob.

If you aren't keen on doing that then you can phone this number 01902 722144 which is the Logun and AGS number (they own webley now) and ask about sourceing parts for a webley raider 2, and they might pass u along to someone who can help, and ask for a webley raider 2 barrel spring washer.

Hi,

Moved the thin plate to the end nearest the barrel & then put the two cups in open end first followed by the o ring & end cap & hey presto no more rattle. Sound seems the same at the gun but at least the rattle will stop & hopefully improve groupings.

Thanks for the help.

Justme