Permission Covering Letter

Eskoky

Guy's

I have just collected addresses for a number of farms in the area. I was planing on posting them a letter with a business card and permission slip.

I was wondering if anyone had a covering letter which they could share - mine sound really poxy!!

Thanks

Guy's

I have just collected addresses for a number of farms in the area. I was planing on posting them a letter with a business card and permission slip.

I was wondering if anyone had a covering letter which they could share - mine sound really poxy!!

Thanks

Hi my advice would be to forget the permission slip, you hope to shoot on their land and a far more personal approach is needed, face to face, dont send out letters they will be binned.

Look on your local OS map for suitable land then do your research, find out the farmers/landowners name, crops, etc. If practical have a look first at the land to confirm its suitability for your chosen weapon.

Then when you call personally you should be able to discuss possible vermin problems and offer a solution.

I recently moved into a new area and drew a radius of 10 miles around my house and went after every suitable bit of shooting land shown on my OS map, had very good success rate so far with both SG and Rifle. Good luck. remember you might only get one crack at it and first impressions count. :lol:

:good: D2D

Guy's

Thanks

Hi my advice would be to forget the permission slip, you hope to shoot on their land and a far more personal approach is needed, face to face, dont send out letters they will be binned.

Look on your local OS map for suitable land then do your research, find out the farmers/landowners name, crops, etc. If practical have a look first at the land to confirm its suitability for your chosen weapon.

Then when you call personally you should be able to discuss possible vermin problems and offer a solution.

I recently moved into a new area and drew a radius of 10 miles around my house and went after every suitable bit of shooting land shown on my OS map, had very good success rate so far with both SG and Rifle. Good luck. remember you might only get one crack at it and first impressions count. :lol:

:good: D2D

make sure that 10 mile radius doesnt encroach on sarre/wingham :lol: Only joking, but what D2D says is spot on if you don't know anyone (I was fortunate, gf's family own a couple of farms) then compile a list of potential targets and then get door knocking. Remember NO is NO so if thats the case politely leave and ask whether they want to take a card incase they no someone else or change there mind. Once you have done that for 20 odd farms hopefully 1 or 2 will be yes please, then once you have them word of mouth will help expand the others.

For example, should the rabbits I saw last time on my shoot cause a problem, as they are from the neighbouring orchard I may mention to the farmer about it and see if he can put me in touch/ a good word with the relevant owner. So I can pay a visit and then mention "I shoot for .... have SG etc and insurance. Hae noticed your problem would you like a hand?"