ferret worming and jabs

darren m

I never bother worming my ferrets check the dung corner in the hutch i doubt you will see worms in there in scats .and i never jab them either the only thing i bother about is i hate cats in the garden near the ferret hutches because i was told they get cat flu

Yeah i never worm my ferrets or jab them for anything either, just keep a check on their condition etc, they do get a few problems suddenly. They can catch HUMAN colds aswell as any other colds so reduce contact when you have one. I recently had to take 1 of my sandy jills to the vets because she had a wonky head because of an ear infection, dont always listen to the vets... she wanted to put her down, i got her some antibiotics and she has made a full recovery.

Vets tend to commit things to death if they are unsure of the reason for the illness, especially with ferrets as many of the ailments are unknown.

Alex

:good:

Leave her well alone ,then for the next couple of weeks give her plenty good grub but watch that she's eating it and not storing it in the bed compartment to go stale. you should know how she feels about your hand in the cage soon enough and if she's okay you can risk a look at the kitts if she's not happy leave them till they start coming out the bed compartment before touching them