All Indicators Flashing

ferguson_tom

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my Kia Sorento 2003. Whenever i turn on the indicator all the indicators come on and flash like hazards. The side that is meant to be flashing is brighter so i am confident it is a short somewhere in the system. This started when towing a trailer but continues to happen when solo, not sure if this is a red herring though

I have tried disconnecting all the trailer socket to eliminate that as a potential problem and tried cleaning all connectors in the engine bay.

On the trailer wiring is a relay so you have a buzz noise when indicating with a trailer attached, could this be faulty causing the short? I am hesitant to try that though as its a case of pulling the back of the car apart to get to it and about 2 hour job.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tom

Sounds like an earth fault. This can be tested by using a flying lead from -ve on the battery to (say) Earth on the r/h front ( or rear if easier). Try the r/h indicator and if the problem goes away you have the fun job of which connector has corroded or which wire has broken.

If it was a landrover, I'd say run a permanent earth to the lights. But as it sounds a bit foreign (Norwegian?) it's probably all sealed up with plastic and tinsel.