App Development

Wasabi

I'm looking for an idea of rough costs for the development of an app. I know this may be a how long is a piece of string but thought the great PW collective might give me an idea before I waste time in meetings!

Basically I want the app to work on android and iPhone.

It would need to receive information from a website and then supply this information to users within a pre defined radius of the source of said information.

It would need the user inputs on the app to link to the website.

It would also need to link to payroll services and PAYE services.

I know it's vague for obvious reasons. Anyone with a bit of expertise able to give a ballpark figure.

A few grand, easily.

I'd save on that and work on a web optimised version. iPhone and Android have very powerful browsers and something as basic as this can be provided via the browser. Phones will do their best with trying to render a website on the smaller screen, but a junior front end developer could make it work for a fraction of the price of a pro App developer or agency.

Thanks guys. Hadn't even thought of a website only idea but it makes real sense. Now to schedule a few meetings at work next week.

Thanks guys. Hadn't even thought of a website only idea but it makes real sense. Now to schedule a few meetings at work next week.

The other handy thing is that changes can be rolled out straight to the website and everyone can benefit, regardless what platform you're on. Managing a couple of apps can have deployment and bug issues. Web based stuff can be rolled out instantly and you're not at the mercy of the approval system at Apple/Google.